Wednesday, October 16, 2013

It's Time To Get Ready For Winter

Here in the Texas panhandle it was under 40 degrees when I woke up this morning. That tells me winter is not to far away.

It's time to get ready.

I found a really neat way to cut down on our heating bills this winter. As you've probably read here before, we live in a pretty big house. It makes no sense to me to heat the entire house with the central unit when there are rooms we rarely go in. So instead we'll be buying a small ceramic heater to go in each room. After all, why pay to heat rooms we're not using.

Ceramic heaters are great. They are super cost efficient and very safe. Our friends did this last year using these and cut their heating bills in half. I suspect we'll see similar or even better results.

The one potential drawback I saw was having to go into a cold room and wait for it to heat up, but even that's not a problem. For instance I don't want to wake up in the morning and head down to a cold kitchen for my first coffee. But many of these heaters are programmable. That means I can set it to start heating an hour before I wake up, and when I get to the kitchen, it will be nice and toasty for me.

There are tons of ceramic heaters available and this website gives you all the details you'll need to pick out the perfect ones for you.

They review all the major brands too like Holmes, Pelonis, Bionaire, Honeywell, Lasko, Comfort Zone, Duraflame, Optimus, DeLonghi, Sunbeam, Sunpentown and others.

It's amazing how many there are to choose from.

Are you ready to watch your heating bills plummet?

No comments:

Post a Comment