Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Getting Ready For Winter Heating Bills

I'm bound and determined to lower my bills this winter. It's amazing how high the gas bills were last year. No I'm not going to tell you, it would probably give you a heart attack. Suffice it to say it was more than I ever wanted to pay to heat my home.

Part of the problem is, our house is very big. But now that 4 of our 5 kids have married and move out, it's way more space than we need. But we're not going to move for a couple of reasons. For starters, moving is a pain in the rear. Second, we have seven grandchildren and we want a house big enough to accommodate everyone at family gatherings. And third, it's our hope that one day one of our kids will take over the house for their growing family.

So, what now?

Well there's no reason for us to heat the entire house all the time. Instead we are going to buy a few small ceramic heaters and place them in the rooms we actually use. I did the research and it's incredible how cheap it is to run a ceramic heater. And safe too.

I'm hoping the gas company will have to call because they suspect we've tampered with the meter this year because our bills are so small.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment