Monday, October 29, 2012

Drinking Wine From A Paper Cup

So I went to a friends house the other night and he suggested we crack open a bottle of wine. Naturally I agreed. He gets the bottle and comes into the living room where we're watching the World Series, and pops open the bottle. I can smell it right away and I'm looking forward to my first glass. He then hands me a paper cup. A PAPER CUP?

I couldn't believe it and asked him where his stemware was. His response; What is stemware? OK, so I understand he's primarily a beer drinker, but come on.

After I explained to him how he should be drinking wine, the best he could come up with was a couple of beer glasses. Maybe a notch above paper, but not much. Somehow the wine didn't taste as good.

Am I a wine snob? No way. I actually probably couldn't tell a high priced wine from one that's moderately priced. And I don't drink it that often. But next time I go over I think I'll stick to beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment