Saturday, December 1, 2012

Another Christmas Gift Idea - A Chess Clock

Two posts in one day. I'm on a roll.

Here's what I've decided to get one of my sons for Christmas. A chess clock.

By the way, my family doesn't read this blog so if you're wondering... I'm safe.

Anyway, my son really likes to play chess. And he's pretty good too. Not world class good, but good enough to beat most people, and certainly good enough to beat me every time we play. Which, by the way, isn't very often now. I'm not much of a challenge.

I figured a chess clock would be a great gift for several reasons. And on a lower level it' a gift for me as well. See, he has the ability to think at least 6 or 7 moves down the road. Of course, this takes time. Maybe if we speed things up by putting a time limit on moves I'll be able to compete.

But also these clocks can be really nice. And of course they're needed to play competitively.

They can also be pretty expensive. Some of them are nearly $200. He's not getting one of those. But you can get a really good one for about $80 and really, high quality chess clocks can still be had for $30.

So that's his gift.

Here's more about what I found out about chess clocks.

  1. Buy A Chess Clock
  2. Digital Chess Clocks
  3. Analog Chess Clocks
  4. Wooden Chess Clock
  5. So What Are The Best Chess Clocks?
  6. Chronos Chess Clocks
  7. DGT Chess Clocks
  8. BHB Chess Clocks
  9. Saitek Chess Clocks
  10. Excalibur Chess Clock
  11. Do You Have A Favorite Chess Clock?
  12. Learn To Set Your Chronos Chess Clock
  13. Please Visit My Other Lenses
  14. Chess In Google News

No comments:

Post a Comment