Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm No Boxer But I Play One During Workouts

Let me say right from the start that I'm not a boxer. I've never really gotten into fighting and probably (cliche coming) couldn't box my way out of a paper bag.

But I do like to workout. And some exercises typically associated with boxing are great for normal people too. Not that I'm saying boxers aren't normal.

Anyway, one of those exercises is hitting a heavy bag

There's so many benefits to it if you do it right. Sure it builds strength. It builds endurance, It's a great cardio exercise workout. And best of all, it's a great way to relieve any frustration you may be feeling.

So I got one for my home.

Yup, our house is big enough (now that 4 of the 5 kids are grown and moved out) that we actually have a room dedicated to fitness equipment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from an exercise freak. But I do like to go in there most days and spend 30 minutes or so doing something that's good for me.

So I got some boxing gloves, a heavy bag, and a heavy bag stand.

Picking out the bag was easy. Picking out the stand... not so much. There's a lot to choose from and you really want to get it right. The wrong stand can ruin everything.

And the cost differences were huge.

But I finally got an Everlast (sturdy and well know brand) and not can go work out any frustration I may be feeling whenever I need to.

One thing you have to know about hitting a heavy bag. If you want to get the full benefit you have to do it right. My new Squidoo lens supplies some tips if this is something you may be interested.
  1. Buy Your Boxing Heavy Bag Stand From Ama...
  2. Everlast Heavy Bag Stand
  3. TKO Heavy Bag Stand
  4. Century Heavy Bag Stand
  5. Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand
  6. 10 Tips On Heavy Bag Training
  7. Don't Make These Mistakes When Working A...
  8. Need A Bag To Go With That Stand?
  9. Leave Your Comment Below
  10. Do You Train With A Heavy Bag?
  11. Other Fitness And Sports Lenses You Migh...
  12. About Me

No comments:

Post a Comment