Friday, January 4, 2013

Putting In Our Own Hardwood Floors

Another thing we're seriously considering is putting in hardwood floors in our home.

I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy, so I really want to try this myself. Notice I said try. I didn't say I was good at all these projects. But if I can do it I'll make the effort in order to save some money. If I fail, so be it. Then I'll just call in a contractor to fix the mess I've made.

Yes I've had to do that before. And sometimes I end up spending a little more this way. But in the long run, over the many projects I've tried (and often completed), I know I've saved thousands of dollars by doing this myself.

But to put in these floors I'm going to need some tools. And one necessity is a pneumatic floor nailer. I've found two I'm really interested in getting and I wrote about them in my new Squidoo lens. I'll give you some links below.

But first I want to talk briefly about why I want hardwood floors to begin with.

I like carpeting, but I hate cleaning it. And with grand kids and dogs it can get really dirty really fast. Yes I could go with darker carpet, but if you read my previous post you know that I'm interested in making my rooms look bigger not smaller.

Hardwood floors with a light wood just seems like the perfect solution.

So that's where it stands right now.

And here's where you can find out more about the pneumatic floor nailer.
  1. Click Here To Get A Pneumatic Flooring N...
  2. Pneumatic Floor Nailer Vs. By Hand
  3. Freeman Flooring Nailer
  4. Bostitch Flooring Nailer
  5. Here's A Demo Of The Bostitch Nailer
  6. What's Your Favorite Pneumatic Floor Nai...
  7. Other Tools You Might Need

No comments:

Post a Comment